Merry & Bright is Back!
Our Merry & Bright Blend is back and better than ever! This lovely holiday blend features a little merriness from the cocoa and orange notes of our La Union Colombia and a little brightness-think lemon and jasmine- from our Buna Boka Ethiopia. Get in the holiday spirit with this delicious coffee and order yours today while supplies last. Only $12 for an 8 oz bag. Enjoy!
Featured Brew Method. We love this coffee brewed in Kalita Wave or Hario V60. These methods really allow the nice fruit notes from each of the lovely coffees in this blend to pop.
To get started, you’ll need a V60 or Kalita Wave brewer, a scale, a timer, 23g of Merry & Bright and water heated to 208° f.
1. Start by rinsing your paper filter thoroughly.
2. Next, grind your coffee medium/coarse and dose the ground coffee into your brewer. Shake the brewer to flatten the coffee into an even bed.
3. The next step is to start your timer and pour 50g of water into the center of the brew bed moving in a spiral outward. It’s important as your pouring to evenly saturate all of the coffee to produce a more even extraction.
4. Once your timer reaches 30 seconds, add 100g of water remembering to pour in a spiral pattern from the center outward.
5. At 1:30, add 100g more water to the brew bed remembering to pour in a spiral pattern.
6. At 2:30, begin to pour your final 100g of water, aiming to reach an end weight of 350g at around 4:00.
7. Once your brew is complete, mix it well, serve it up and enjoy!